NOW IS THE TIME TO SHOP!

BY VANGARDE GIRL NELLE, FEBRUARY 19, 2011

Now is the perfect time to shop for fall basics.  Yes, I am quite aware we are approaching spring in a few weeks.  

Spring merchandise begins trickling in during the winter months. By December retailers are in desperate need to get rid of all fall goods creating room for new shipments.  Meaning the $200.00 knit sweater you had your eye on is now $100.00.

My method of shopping is to buy trendy pieces in advance since they are likely to sell out.  In December I'm purchasing trendy pieces that weren't appealing beginning of the season but at a sale price become attractive.  When January comes around I'm in the stores weekly searching for basic items such as sweaters, cardigans, turtle necks, tights, coats, vests and boots.  I store the buys in my closet so next season I'm not worried about basics and I can focus on getting key items and investment pieces.

Did I mention it's president's day weekend, there will be additional discounts on sale items.  I'm working on a project and need to find a trendy fall boot.  I spotted these Jessica Simpson Alfie Boots which combines the platform, fur, lace-up boot and clog trends.  Originally retailing at $139.00, sale sticker read $67.00.  The sales girl rang me up, my total was only $40.00.  Now that was major bang for my buck.


0 comments: