COVER TO COVER: Beyonce

BY VANGARDE GIRL P, FEBRUARY 22, 2011
This March Beyonce makes her rounds on international publications. She covers Canadian publication Fashion magazine's Trend Issue dipped in Donna Karan.


This March Beyonce also graces the cover of L'Officiel (French publication) in tribute to the late African musician Fela Kuti. Widespread popularity for Fela Kuti has increased largely due to the hit Broadway show FELA! co-funded by none other than Beyonce''s husband, Jay-Z. This controversial spread features Beyonce in what some are calling blackface. To me, black face is Amos & Andy, charcoal and white lipped. The dark make-up the diva dons in some shots is quite tasteful and not at all offensive to me *shrugs*


I was more focused on the traditional African influenced headwraps and wooden and medal jewelry (I'm an accessories fiend). It seems like wooden jewelry is making (another) comeback this season, as I've seen it on display at H&M and Zara recently. I'm sure packrats like me who stocked up about 7 years ago are jumping for joy *teenage girl screams*


0 comments: